Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Anna Scholz SS12 Review Series Starts NOW!

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).

It's always an exciting time here at Oh The Places You'll Go when I get the chance to try items from the latest Anna Scholz Collection. As a woman who's 5'5", and a size 20 - I think I can offer a good insight into how the garment sits on someone a little curvier and certainly SHORTER(!!) than your average model. I also get to act like a child and play dress-up in some of fashion's sexiest clothes!

Oh YEAH.


Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).

Before I'd even thought about my Anna Scholz Series for this Spring/Summer Collection, I'd looked at the brochures and website and fallen in love with the above print... CRAYON! When it came time for me to request the items to try, the Digital Jersey Frill Sleeve Tie Dress in Crayon Print was an absolute MUST.

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).

This is an effortless dress. The kind you put on - that gives you easy definition, feels deliciously soft on the skin and makes you feel - READY for a day or night out. I have to say, one of the things I love about Anna's fashions is the versatility it affords. She creates dresses which you can wear all day but also rock all night. 

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).
When I first got this dress on, the first thing I noticed was the great shape that's created by the wide-band empire line waist and self-tie back. The V-neckline is deep - without being revealing and the sleeves are delicate, tiered and roomy.

The material? LUSH! I wear a lot of jersey and the feel of the material that Anna's chosen for her Summer Jersey is really light and gentle - it feels supple on the skin. There is a slight stretch in the fabric too which lets the dress glide on the skin and FIT your body. Totally breathable and lightweight for warmer months too.

I really like this dress, I think the shape is great and the print is vibrant and warm for the Spring/Summer months.  I feel gorgeous in this one. Lovely, really!


Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).Oh my gosh. It's been a while, since I've put on a dress and felt like a fairy princess again - but believe it or not, Anna's Crepe de Chine Frill Pocket Dress in Kaleidoscope had THAT effect on me. I felt like a little girl when I put this on - looking at myself in wonder and thinking - THIS IS SO PRETTY!

I better elaborate... I wear clothing with high empire lines - but never really with the cut and shape of the Frill Pocket Dress. Something clicked inside me as I put this on; the shape is amazing (the empire line is nipped with elastic) and there's an inherent and delightful girliness to this dress. It isn't overt - but I can say - I put this on and felt giddy. This dress feels really ready for warmth and sunshiny love. I was transplanted back to Australia and the beaches, with sand on my toes and salt in the air - I can't quite describe why - but this dress made me feel SUCH JOY.

In earnest and without being shallow, I LOVE clothing that makes me feel something. One of the things I always like to push on this blog is how great CLOTHING can and should make you feel. Clothing can inspire confidence, make you feel sexy/flirty/feminine and also help you feel great about yourself. Like a million bucks. LOVE IT.

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).

The material of this dress is a light, airy silk. I found that once on, the dress carries very little weight - but keeps shape due to great tailoring. The pockets on this dress were a real treat - they are subtle and kind of hidden by design, but are deep and would be useful for an easy Summer's day out.

The frilled neck and little cap sleeves on this dress, give the garment a feminine, whimsical feel... This is a little bit different to the dresses I normally go for - but I loved it and as I said, felt really joyous in this one!

Another thing - the pattern is beautiful. One of you specifically requested I try this pattern and I hope my photos really show you how rich the blues are on this one - because it is stunning in real life.

Boombands Em in Anna Scholz Spring Summer Collection 2012 (SS12).

All through the next week I will be sharing different designs from Anna's latest White Label and Black Label Collections for SS12. Don't forget - that earlier this year at Plus London many girls had the chance to check out Anna's latest range and the images of lots of different girls in Anna's clothes are amazing. These clothes are made with curves in mind.

It's gonna be a good week!

Smooch!

Em. x.


9 comments:

  1. That last dress is one of those things you look at and its no a case of I want, but I NEED! You NEED that dress in your life. I absolutely love the patter and wish I could get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I think the Crepe De Chine dress looks fab on you - the colours are amazing and really suit yout skin-tone. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you look lovely. I particulalry like the crayon print digital dress, it really showcases your curves, and the length looks just right for you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutes blogger in the world :) Looking fabulous darling

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look stunning. I love the crayon dress on you. I also love your make-up at the moment you look so natural and your skin looks fabulous, and not that I'm usually hooked in by make-up advert language but you look radiant!
    (eek that makes me sound like a gushing stalker lady! -promise I'm not!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favourite time of year again, I get so excited to see you in the Anna Scholz clothing and the first two are amazing, I love the blues in the second dress, but also thing you look amazing in the first. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really loving the Frill Pocket dress. I also think your makeup is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the prints, Anna Scholz really knows how to work the prints... y'all. For some reason I thought a y'all would end that statement perfectly. You look gorgeous!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been interesting to see you in all the print dresses. The digital jersey in particular makes you look a cup size smaller than the labyrinth print.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for leaving your post. Due to some blatantly obvious spammers I have had to turned comment moderation back on with word captcha for older posts. Hopefully the spammers will bugger off and I can take some of the settings back to normal quickly! Thank you and smooches! Em. x